Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Last Day at Home



So I’ve just now tonight finally finished packing and it is kind of finally starting to sink in, as I look over my itinerary for the hundredth time, that I am actually leaving for Ghana tomorrow. I have to admit that I am much more excited than I am nervous. I cannot believe that tomorrow I will be boarding the plane and finally beginning on this journey. I am looking forward to so many things these next two months, the people I will get to know, the places I will see, the culture I will experience, and most importantly seeking the God I want to serve. I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have been given to work with the Luke Society in Ghana in one of their hospitals. I know that God has led me here and will continue to use me and change me this summer. I hope that His love will flow out of me and that I will work as if working for Him in whatever I may do these next couple of weeks. I cannot wait to get to know Audrey, the other student from Northwestern that I am traveling with, as we embark on this long journey together (my first time out of the country J). Admittedly I wasn’t really planning on having a blog, anyone who knows me knows how much I struggle with technology and social media (aka facebook, twitter, etc.). However seeing as I already refused to take my phone along with me this summer this blog was a way of compromising with my parents so that they felt they could stay in touch with me while I still don’t have to bother with keeping track of my phone. Even now as I complain about having to write this my mom is reminding me that keeping a blog is a much better alternative than having my dad come a long with me! I am going to miss them and my little sister and brother, Kate and Lee, along with many of my friends so very much but I know there is no other way I would rather be spending my summer. So needless to say my thoughts may not always be the most organized or well put together and I can’t really promise elaborate stories but I will do my best to at least keep things kind of updated more or less, if for no other reason than because I have a feeling my parents will be checking and will hopefully relax a little when they hear from me J. I better finish up and try to get a good last night sleep in my own bed before I start out on this amazing trip tomorrow. I pray that as I head out I will set my mind and my heart on God and seek His glory above all else. I pray that I would rely on His strength and His salvation, so that His light may shine through me and that I would be made less so He could be more.     2 Corinthians 4:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment